segunda-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2008

At Last..

Monday, 11 february: 24hours later than what initially planned, I finally arrive in Khartoum. At 03:05 am the flight KQ321 from Cairo to Nairobi via Khartoum lands in Khartoum international airport. It's warm, dry and dark as hell. UN planes and palm trees all over the place and a (I assume) typically sudanese building hosts the arrivals lounge of the airport. It's a beautiful building and much more confortable than the one in Cairo International airport. There are unclaimed bags and suitcases in a corner and a small cat walking around..
With my passport checked and stamped I made my way to the baggage belt hoping my big suitcase was not left somewhere between Munich and Cairo...It didn't, fortunately.
My friend Rogerio was already expecting me outside and the drive home was fast and smooth made through a large and brand new asfalt road. 'Don't get too impressed.The asfalt will end as soon as we enter the neighbourhood', Rogerio warned me. And it did in fact as we arrived to his place, which will host me for the next 25 days.
I'll keep you posted! Promiss..

Sem comentários: